Can Google and Yahoo follow link in Adobe Flash?
We will try to discover:
- What will happen if we add link somewhere in text field?
- What will happen if we make whole text field as a link?
- Can Google and Yahoo follow and index pages that have on(press) ActionScript?
- What about function that have getURL ActionScript?
- What will happen with commented getURL?
Experiment is created with Adobe Flash CS3 and published for Flash Player 9 and ActionScript 2.0
On time line we added ActionScript function that calls GetURL function with our test URL.
getURL("**our testing URL**", "_blank");
I was surprised today when I saw that Google indexed our test page even if we didn’t called our test function.
It looks that this can be good way to add all pages that you want to be followed from Adobe Flash.